Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Post Weekly Hamilton Meets

Hey guys, another winter has come and gone and it is time we meet at hutches on the beach in Hamilton(see map).

Note: Any Official Max cruises/meets will automatically supersede these Hamilton cruises/meets.(ie midnight cruise, etc.)

Time: Every Sunday @ 9pm - (edited)

Place: Hutches - 280 Van Wagners Beach Road,Hamilton,L8E 3L8

Directions:

From QEW Toronto bound:

Get off the QEW at Centennial Parkway exit, Keep to the right and take a left at the lights. Follow Van Wagners Parkway straight through the first set of lights(T intersection) and around to the turns in the road. On your right there will be Baranga's and then the next building would be Hutches. We will be parked in the first lot, on the right, after Hutches.

From the QEW Niagara bound:

Get off at Centennial Parkway, at the lights take a left and another left at the next set of lights (T intersection). Follow around to the turns in the road. On your right there will be Baranga's and then the next building would be Hutches. We will be parked in the first lot, on the right, after Hutches.

Maps:

Unlike the La Paloma meets we do actually cruise, infact Dave has a pretty sick route with a ton of good streets in and around Hamilton/Stoney Creek/Burlington/Dundas/Ancaster/Grimsby. Now that is not to say we won't hang out and talk, because we will, just not all night, cruising on the twisties is a lot of fun too. We will usually be at Hutches till 9:45-10:00 and then go driving. Again anyone is more than welcome to come on out!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

excellent.

i've been leaving messages on dave's phone, but i guess he's been busy. i want to see his route!

hamilton maXers, unite!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
yeah, sorry about that Greg. Saturday night I fell asleep around 7:30pm. I guess staying @ the Woodbridge meet until 4am the night before, and building a fence all day, caught up with me... I ended up getting the message Sunday morning, but was kind of busy with all this "house buying" stuff the past couple of days. Anyway, the regular Saturday meets will be up and running shortly.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

dont worry about it - when i read the house thread i figured that that was what was goin on.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member

Will there be a meet next sat night, may 17th??
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

^^^ there should be...unless there's really bad weather or something. I'll post up if something changes...
Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

I'll be down for a cruise when Im not out partying, which is what I do normally on my Sat. nights......

2003 745Li Titanium Sliver Metallic w/ Black Interior
PDC, ACC, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound Package.
21" OEM Style 128, Angel iBright V3 w/ Matching Fogs, H&R Springs, BTUM8000, LED Side/Front Markers, White Bulb Interior/License Plate,
Stealth Bulb Signals, 15mm Rear Spacers, ACS Style Roof and Trunk Spoilers, Debadged
Mikey83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
BenBMW
BMW Pure Blood

Send a message via MSN to BenBMW
Maybe I'll start coming to these.
BenBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:51 AM   #9
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Was there a meet tonight? I couldn't make it.. but by midnight I was aching for a decent drive so I head out and hit the Snakes and Ladders route. Fine fine roads with excellent surfaces. That route reminds me of deepest Wales .McNeil and 50Rd are awesome climbs - I really put second gear to work round the two steep hairpins up McNeil, from 3 all the way thru 6000rpm. And 30 Rd is a fabulous, if brief, string of long sweeping curves and esses.. Thanks Dave (i think it's Dave - sorry if not)

Last edited by kamus; 05-18-2008 at 04:52 AM. Reason: minor typos
kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamus View Post
Was there a meet tonight? I couldn't make it.. but by midnight I was aching for a decent drive so I head out and hit the Snakes and Ladders route. Fine fine roads with excellent surfaces. That route reminds me of deepest Wales .McNeil and 50Rd are awesome climbs - I really put second gear to work round the two steep hairpins up McNeil, from 3 all the way thru 6000rpm.
They are nice, I live on ridge road. I take fifty rd and McNeilly almost everyday

PDC, ACC, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound Package.
21" OEM Style 128, Angel iBright V3 w/ Matching Fogs, H&R Springs, BTUM8000, LED Side/Front Markers, White Bulb Interior/License Plate,
Stealth Bulb Signals, 15mm Rear Spacers, ACS Style Roof and Trunk Spoilers, Debadged
Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey83 View Post
They are nice, I live on ridge road. I take fifty rd and McNeilly almost everyday
Oh yeah? I've never driven a 7. How's it feel on the hill-climbs?

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

I know there have been multiple complaints from residents in the area. My brother-in-law's unit has been asked to patrol Ridge Rd. and the Mtn. accesses more heavily. The complaints are almost all for speed/racing, not so much for noise violations. Ridge is a very popular route for the sport bikers, and we all know how fast they move.

I don't really worry about it as I don't drive up there all the time, and really, it's only noisy for a second before you're gone. I don't make multiple passes of the same road, so it's doubtful I really disturb anyone...

Just watch out for the radar traps, (or get a detector) and you should be fine...
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #13
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Dinan3 View Post

Just watch out for the radar traps, (or get a detector) and you should be fine...
Hrm...where would you "suggest" I get one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Oh yeah? I've never driven a 7. How's it feel on the hill-climbs?
On weekends I see tons of bikers driving on the street, as well as some old car clubs.

And yes there is heavy cops on ridge, ive been busted 2 times on my own street , its a 60km zone but its hard not to drive at 80km easy. They pulled me once over while I was driving into my driveway and told them to leave me alone since they give out more tickets to people that live on the damn street than people just driving by. Its funny how the cops are there in the early morning on weekdays and evenings, but never there on weekends or late nights

And kamus when you go up those streets late I dont think they care as much, since theres a train track the runs right along the hill, when that thing goes by then they will hear it before your engine.

My 7 is made for the highway, its so smooth and handles great. As for the city its lowered and big rims aint good for the crappy streets, 1 big pot hole and there goes a rim

Old 05-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #15
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Was there a meet tonight? I couldn't make it.. but by midnight I was aching for a decent drive so I head out and hit the Snakes and Ladders route. Fine fine roads with excellent surfaces. That route reminds me of deepest Wales .McNeil and 50Rd are awesome climbs - I really put second gear to work round the two steep hairpins up McNeil, from 3 all the way thru 6000rpm. And 30 Rd is a fabulous, if brief, string of long sweeping curves and esses.. Thanks Dave (i think it's Dave - sorry if not)
yeah, we had a small meet. We left Hutch's around 10:30 and did a cruise around some Burlington/Dundas/Waterdown backroads. Stopped @ Tally Ho for a bite around midnight, and hung out for a bit after. We were actually going to do the snakes and ladders part last night as well, but it was late, and numbers were low. You should have come out... Dave

edit*** just reread your post, and saw that you said you couldn't make it earlier. If you're in ever in the area to cruise give me a call (905-981-5895) I'm usually up for some twisties...

Last edited by 98Dinan3; 05-18-2008 at 05:38 PM.
98Dinan3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: