View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 02:39 AM   #41
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuller1458
1. ok, I will try to be better.

2. Really? I don't think so, I have been through school so I know what words "negro" and "hey you look sexy today in that very short dress" can do to you. Police been involved once.

3. Sure I do. I don't like the whole idea the way black people treach each other, it looks to me very immature, like 12-14 kids bulling and showing off. It's is like the only way to express themselves and get respect. I have some black freinds. It is all about probability. Chances to find a person who is LIKE me among black people is very very small, where as among white folks it is quite likely. I have no problem with SKIN colour, I have confrontations with WAYS OF LIVING and HUMAN INTERACTIONS.
Now your last statement is the epitomy of a generalization. You are going to tell me that when 12-14 white kids get together there is no chance that they may bully and show off? This is solely the genetic disposition of black people? I don't know if your experiences with black people are mainly through movies and music videos, but I have yet to view any of the things you proclaim... The reason your chances to find a person who is 'LIKE' you among black people is slim, is due to your views. If you voice these generalizations, no black person would be receptive to anything you state, and will most likely be confrontive with you. Another reason would be due to the prejudice you enter the conversation with, you close your mind before even communicating. I wouldn't necessarily say that you have racist views, but ignorant generalizations.

Not trying to assume anything, but have you grown up with your black friends? If so then the reason you feel they are like you is because you knew them before your prejudice set in. If not, then its solely because you subsided your prejudice to see the true person, and not your assumption. If you only do this with each person you meet regardless of colour, you will realize we are not that different.

Last edited by ThE bRoWn GuY; 04-30-2005 at 03:09 AM.
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote