View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
duaux
1st Gear Newbie on a BMW

Update:

1. I started up the car and there was no fuel leakage from the FPR (took a few tries)

Problem:

2. I did however noticed SMOKE coming from the Rear Left side (where the fuel filter/pump) is? This freaked me out and I turned the car off immediately.

The smoke was not exhaust (I have a plastic tube which I vent it out of the garage), it smelt like something was "burning/plastic/metal"?

3. I got under the car (engine off) to see if I can find the source. NO LUCK...

4. After opening up my garage and side doors for about 5 minutes, I let the smoke clear up. Risking it... I started up the engine once more, with my fire extinguisher on stand by. This time, NO SMOKE.

I did notice the usual gasoline smell and I can hear the fuel pump buzzing away. Aside from that nothing "unusual"...

Does anyone have any idea WTF it is that may have caused it?

Should I continue to worry/be concerned?

I am paranoid right now, so I went out tonight immediately to buy a smoke and fire alarm (2in1) detector. I mounted it device above my garage entrance door. While I was at the big (W), I bought a brand new large fire extinguisher to mount in the garage as well. This is no biggie as I was always planning to do this, but I have been putting it off. However, this time there was more urgency!

I think the worst nightmare right now is if the old E30 burst into fire in the middle of night, risking my family and my house...
duaux is offline   Reply With Quote