View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Slowered318
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
What are your power goals and what are you looking to spend? How come you don't just wanna do an S52 swap?
Well, I think a reliable 200 hp at the wheels would be enough. Whatever keeps it below the threshold of expensive/impractical.

I would like to obtain the turbocharger, exhaust manifold, plumbing and intercooler for somewhere under $2000. That leaves some money for electronics, fuel delivery, head gasket and to possibly upgrade internals down the road (maybe VAC or MM has something I will need).

Reason I don't want a S52 is that my whole car is built around that little 4 banger, I don't want to upset everything and start from scratch. I have spent a lot of time and money maintaining/tweaking the M42 along with the chassis, I would rather not learn a whole new engine at this point. IMHO I would be better off parking or selling the e30 in a year or two and start with something that is more performance oriented

Last edited by Slowered318; 07-08-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Makes more sense now.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote