View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #25
Brent
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
You want to know what I think... well lets just put it this way, any time I go somewhere I always end up looking back at my car 2 or 3 times while I'm walking away from it. Not because I'm afraid someone's going to steal it, or that I'm parked illegally, but because regardless of the scratches, and dents, and rust, it's just such a great looking car. It's classic, it's timeless, but most of all it represents an era when cars were more pure and unadulterated. It's just a dandy little piece of machinery. I love driving it. I love battling with it when it acts up. At the end of the day the thing that I love the most though is how I can go out and thrash on it and so far it has always taken me back home.... except for that time I smashed the oil pan lol
X 2...I love the look of the E30...classic and timeless are perfect decriptions. The younger guys can look cool when they slam their cars and put on the big rims, and us older folk can look sophiscated and classy driving restored or modified cars, this car has universal appeal. The E30 recently made a top 10 list of cool cars you can own for cheap (I think it was in the Toronto Star). I think it's just a great looking ride.

My DD is a '99 Civic-320 kms vs 340 on the '89 325is. The Civic has been though a failed engine at 220 (the 325 engine is fine). The only extra work I've done on the E30 is body, paint and cosmetic b/c it's old and wsn't taken care of. And I feel about a million times more unique and different driving the E30.

From Eyesore to Heat Score
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote