View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
DaveM3_09
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=Marky_mark;1486907]Hi Dave If you want to remove the swirl marks you might want to consider something other than SwirlX by meguiar's I would recommend Menzerna Intensive Polish to remove scratches and swirl marks its a much better product

There are many good polishes out there on the market. If you are going to do this yourself make sure you have lots of time The first step will be to wash your car and dry it then if you need to clay bar the paint surface to remove brake dust, bugs, tar. The next step will be to use a polish like Menzerna Intensive Polish to remove scratches and swirl marks you will need a high speed buffer like a Makita or a Porter Cable I prefer the Makita just my preference.

Depending on how bad your paint is this may be more then just a one step polish it may take up to three steps to get you paint back to looking like new. The final step will to to use a paint sealant to protect your paint finish paint sealants are much better then a wax because they stand up better to mother nature then a wax will.