View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #69
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Well, if you have a rebuilt title..like me..your not gonna get back any of the money your just about to put into it. So if I were you, Id go all out and build it just the way you want your dream E36..oh wait, that is what im doing.

A full engine rebuild, labour is the smaller concern...parts is what makes the price difference. What we can do, pick up a 3.0L crank and 3.2L sized pistons to start. AA built a 2.9L motor from an M50 by using those parts, we might be able to use your connecting rods im not too sure but they're as good as the M3 rods (only applies to non vanos rods). While the sleeves are being machined (just a basic clean up) you can bore the cylinder's to fit the pistons. Thats just a start, or you can just get forged pistons 10-1 and connecting rods and boost the hell out of the motor.

My advice is buy an S50 complete and drop it in, trust me. Once you find one with good compression and good KM on it you will be good, and it will cost the same..if not cheaper than rebuilding the entire engine (block and head). Too bad that didnt happen sooner, we just sold a complete S50..but there are many more that will be available from Luxtec.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote