View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #64
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
What all cars are you refering to? Only the ford is 4wd. My wifes saxo is FWD and the buick is RWD. I dont have any other cars here at the moment. I did have other cars in the past but thats all i have at the moment.And even if all were 4wd what has that got to do with whether i prefer auto or manual????
And i did not disagree in anything you are saying. I just say that autos are chosen by two type of drivers. Those who prefer a lazier drive and those who simply cant drive manual.
As for 0-100 it was just a comparison i thought of! Besides if you think this is a bullshit threat then dont reply! We are merely discussing our opinions. Isnt this the point of a forum like this? No disrespect man but you got my point wrong! I am not dissing what choices people make. Its their on right to choose auto or manual. I just dont like automatics. People generally like to have things that may be useless (as an example all those SUV s that never see gravel or dust) but have the cool factor whether that is bling, size , power, or performance.
And as for the days of manual fun coming to end...if all of us thought like that we would drive 1.0Lt 3 cylinder diesel automatics and would be in a hippie "Lets learn how to knit" forum instead of a car enthusiast forum.

Well you are in a sense doing what everyone else in this thread is doing. Talking with your epeen. And dissing peoples choices.
"people that drive autos are lazy, or dont know how to drive manual"
"And as for the days of manual fun coming to end...if all of us thought like that we would drive 1.0Lt 3 cylinder diesel automatics and would be in a hippie "Lets learn how to knit" forum instead of a car enthusiast forum "

So youre basically saying is that people should drive standard first and foremost and if they aren't they suck. So how exactly is that a positive opinion/one you should be sharing? Is that not an epeen post? How is anyhting constructive coming from saying stuff like that? Its not.

Therefore like I said, these threads turn into epeen stroking threads about who is better with manual and how much mileage (mileage meaning how awesome their manual is, over exagerated by 1000%, then saying its better then an auto car) they can get.

So what if the counter to this was "People that drive Manual trans cars are just show offs that think they know how to drive?"

Again, its just epeen stroking, and looking for a fight, over and over again.

If youre driving following the laws of the road, driving a manaul vs. an auto = the exact same thing. You dont get more of anything from either or.

FInally, you can be a car enthusiast without being a manual transmission lover. A nice car is fun to drive regardless of whether its auto or manual. The car still boots it when you push the gas.

Any w/e I dont really care, I just dont like reading about how 1 is better then other becuase on their car they did so and so becuase its manual and better. The numbers dont lie.

Last edited by sirex; 12-24-2008 at 01:47 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote