View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Arrow H2Oi 2014. Pics, vids, and stories.

As we have done since we opened our shop in 2010, a group of friends from Stance Factory made the annual trip down to Ocean City, MD to join the mayhem that is H2O International. It's technically a one-day VW/Audi group car show, but over time the event has morphed into a week-long street party of VAG cars, other German rides, and just about anything else slammed to the ground. Heaven.

We started out Wednesday morning at 6am. For the second year, seeing that we're in the east I decided that we're going to take the 1000 Islands route rather than dealing with GTA traffic and busy Niagara-area borders. It only adds a few km (total now 1100) but saves LOTS of time. Problem was, once we got out of Oshawa we hit this, for hours:

18-wheelers would literally appear directly in front of you without warning. Thankfully, it cleared by breakfast time.

So there's the crew for this year. Z3M (me), 335i (JunzieB), M5 (GT3kid), 328is (c4sh) and of course the E36 CSL (ZiMMie).

Waiting at the border. Maybe 4-5 cars in each lineup, we were out fast. No hassles at all which is rare with our group of racial minorities.

First gas stop in NY. Paying 40% less for a tank of 93 is worth a photo.

Barreling down the interstates, we came upon this:

Huh. Well, you know what that means. Click HD and turn your volume up:

It started raining once we entered Maryland, but overall the drive was easygoing and fast. A bit of traffic near Philly. But the awesome hip hop radio stations there made it all better, for me at least. Then, after 12 hours of driving, we arrived.

Foosball, darts, fridge, flat screen on the wall, and most importantly space to stare at our cars while we enjoy those activities. Yeah, spent months finding the right house to rent for the week and it thankfully paid off.

I'm an early riser, so right on cue I was the first person awake and out the house Thursday morning. Decided to go see the bay side (1 block away, pictured above) and beach side (3 blocks the other way) of Ocean City downtown:

Back at the house, driveway status: