View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 01:25 PM   #7
1st Gear Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 29
I did this about 9 months ago. Cars older than 15 years is a little easier than newer cars, as the rules change as to what the car has to conform to (and it has to pass the RIV test (more fees)). If you've been the owner the car for a while in the US, there are no import duties or taxes to be paid, if you are a returning Canadian resident (just remember to list it on your B4). I Didn't even have to pay PST on registration. Just a regular safety and emissions test..not a problem for a car coming out of CA. There are a couple of things they have to do on the US side to cover the exportation paperwork before the car can leave the country. I used the same sites BimmiN suggested earlier, quite easy in reality.
duenorf is offline   Reply With Quote