View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #13
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Bryan,

I have a feeling that you use "heel and toe" tecnique incorrectly. Heel and toe does NOT put more stress on the rotors. When you heel and toe you NEVER apply brakes and gas at the same time with the clutch engaged. The gas pedal is ONLY applied to bump up the RPMs for downshifting.

read this article, it will help you to clear some things up:

http://www.happytogether.com/318ti/n...ing/index.html

Heel and toe does not wear rotors and pads more than normal braking, it actually improves the pad wear a bit since you use the engine's momentum to slow the car down.

Serge

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD

When you heel and toe, your braking and applying the throttle at the same time. It puts more stress on the rotors. Do you know what the term "driving old granny style" means? Its when people start the car from stop and step on the brake while also stepping on the throttle at the same time. I have no idea why old people do this, but it warps rotors. It has happened to so many people I know. I know heel and toeing isn't as extreme but it does wear off rotors and increase the chance of warping more. I use heel and toe in the corners and I'm sure it heats up the rotors pretty bad at high speeds.

Lastly, when it rains your not directly spraying water into your rotors correct? When your rotors are really hot, I mean from racing at the track, if it rains and you brake hard or get lots of water into your rotors, there is a good chance it may warp. Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it never happens.

Bryan

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote