View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #95
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Update time:

Much to my excitement I came home from work today to find a big ol' pile of parts in the garage...

This was sitting on the work bench...

Ask an oriental man to say slick and it'll sound like....

That's a Schrick looking cam...
(p.s. I've got plenty of oriental friends so I feel like I can make that joke lol)

Next up is the #becauseracecar part. I ordered the 2.7 scraper because it's stroke is close to the 2.8 crank. I'll need to adjust the clearances a bit so it won't rub

And the rest of the internals, seals, hardware, etc...

And yes you saw correctly, all those bits were sitting in front of a stack of new Toyo R888s which I got a wicked deal on...

And not directly related to the engine build, but still important...

My current tank has a hole rotted on the top left side somewhere because when it's more than half full a quick left will leave the cabin with the smell of spilt gas. I figured if I'm going to be dropping the exhaust and drive shaft to swap the motor it will be as good a time as any to swap the tank out...

And to finish off the update, I'm almost done making the adjustable cam gear. I just need to drill and tap the holes around the outside and then separate the gear into two pieces...

I'm going to try and get the head assembled this weekend and then finish up the cam gear on Monday so I can work on setting the timing and checking the valve to piston clearance next week.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 04-27-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote