View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
1st Gear Newbie
debunn's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 29
Have a look at the CBSA's section on declaring goods to be imported to Canada:

If you can prove that the goods were made in North America, then you'll just be subject to HST for the amount you claim (which should be the total on your receipt), otherwise you will have to pay duty for importing your order (something like 8% if I remember correctly.) If you stay over 24 hours in the US, you can get a $200 exemption (although claiming over this amount results in this exception being removed) - or $800 if you're there for over 48 hours.

Last edited by debunn; 03-04-2013 at 12:10 PM.
debunn is offline   Reply With Quote