View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
nick330ci
1st Gear Newbie

New to the board, and have a few questions re: 330ci

Hello.

This is my first post, so I hope I've posted it in the right section. Its great to see that there is an active BMW community board in canada!

Here is my situation, the lease on my civic is up (FINALLY ) and I'm looking at purchasing a used 04 BMW 330ci with the M-sport package.

Its from a used car dealer, and the car looks, and drives fine. I just have a few questions regarding the car.

The asking price is $30k and the car has 97,000 KM on it, and again its an 04. is this a fair price for the car? cosmetically it is fine, just minor stone chips on the front (which is expected for a car with this many KM on it) and drives fine. The interior is in immaculate condition, I was actually surprised how clean it was for a 97,000 km car. There are NO cracks in the leather and looks like it was well cared for. I obviously will try and haggle the price down, but am just wondering what a good price for this car for be, and how much I should try to haggle it down.

Secondly, I want to take the car to a mechanic and have it completely checked out. I called up town and country BMW (as they are my closest BMW dealer) and they said to do a pre-purchase inspection of the car would be $600. Can any of you recommend a place that knows their BMW's and can do an inspection of the car for a lower price?

Any help and input you all could provide would be great.

I look forward to being an active member of the board and owning my first BMW. (I've wanted one as long as I can remember)

-Nick
nick330ci is offline   Reply With Quote