View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
The amp will clip if the volume is too high. And if the amp isn't as capable as the speakers, you won't have much audible warning; by the time you hear clipping it might be too late. On the contrary, if the amp is better than the speakers the drivers will just distort, which gives you a nice reminder to calm down on the volume.

That amp sounds good, and the speakers are decent too. As long as you have a good headunit and tune it all properly, that should be a great sounding system.

The Memphis amp, is it 1100rms into 2ohms? And what is the impedance of the subs?
Uhh the Memphis amp is 1100 RMS at 1 ohm. And it's 1 ohm stable. And okay I found this part confusing but my audio guy assured me it makes sense: The subs are dual 4 ohm coils, which somehow makes each one run at 2 ohms which somehow makes them run together at 1 ohm when you connect them in parallel, thus being good for the amp. Does this make sense? He told me to go with the T110D4 isntead of the T110D2 because with the d4 i can run them at 1 ohm or something.

BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote