View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
whatever you buy, expect to put in AT LEAST $1000. Count on thermostat, water pump, mounts, radiator, oil change, tranny fluid, some combination of bushings/bearings/control arms/ball joints/shocks, lightbulbs, window & sunroof parts/mechanicals and belts.

Honestly, buy an E36 for the body or mods and with that $1K, do all the needed maintenance.
this isn't said enough. the chances of finding a perfect e36 are slim to nil. i bought a car that i knew the issues with, and repaired them myself. dont overpay for a completly mint car, i have one of the last end e36's made, and it wasn't abused, and still had some problems.

how much maintenance? probably about 1700$ so far. (all fluids except coolant and brakes flushed, new pads everywhere, new rotors in front, new sunroof cartridge, new coils, 6 new plugs, some new hoses, rocco randomly fixing every imaginable problem i had, belts were changed, front balljoints & bushings.

then again, i spend a little more on my car than i have to/need to.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote