View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
Swerve
///Maquina

The old ones I believe were mounted with a clip that was threaded to the tweeter itself like these:

These mb quarts can be held in by a screw in the rear; if you look at the pic of the completed inside panel in my 2nd post, you'll see a shiny dot on the tweeter, that's the thread. They came with brackets that may or may not work, not sure, but the bracket is pictured in the 4th pic on the left.

As for sound, IMO it sounds great and the front stage is completely improved. I'm running a Clarion Pro Audio DRX9275L, USAcoustics USX4065 4-ch pushing MB Quart RKB 130s in the kicks, and now the OEM mids & MB Quart 19.02NXs which are actually identical to the tweeters on the kickpanel speakers. The gain is quite a bit lower on the mids/tweets, so theres a nice balance between the 6 speakers up front.

MB Quarts are pretty much the only speakers I will buy, they sound incredible compared to most and were well worth the price of $65US shipped.

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart

Last edited by Swerve; 02-18-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote