Then I fitted in the new tweeters and glued them into place. I think they turned out pretty OEM looking, yet just a little more attractive now with that signature MB Quart titanium dome.
I made sure to align the tweeter so that the crosshairs were straight when on the panel before gluing the tweeter into place.
Then I mounted the tweeters and mids to the door panels and ran the crossover away from the speakers. When I first had some components installed professionally, the ones that were stolen, the installer told me that the crossovers should be mounted a good distance away from the speakers, not sure what the reasoning is, but since I donít know any advantage to mounting them closer, I zip-tied them to the map pocket.
Then I slapped the completed panel back onto the door GENTLY, those clips like to break!
Completed driver side:
Completed passenger side. Not sure why the phone made it so small.
I hope this encourages those who had not ventured down this road before. I found the install overall easy and am very satisfied with the results!