View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #94
6th Gear Member
"First, I will start by pointing out the contradiction in your statement. All abortion clinics are PRIVATE facilities, and you are seemingly against private healthcare, but for abortion....interesting."

First off, health care, and abortion clinics are two separate entities in my mind.

Health care being desperatly sick seeking docters aid to minor infection needing a docters oppinion and some anti-biotics to get over it.

Abortion is a choice a woman can make if she can't provide the life for her child, that the child deserves. IMO. It's not a health issue/concern.

To be contradictive, if the pregnancy goes wrong, such as pregnancies happening in women's tubes. In that case that would cause automatic death to the baby, because it cannot survive in the tubes, and serious health complications/maybe death for the woman! In that case that is where health care coverage would be a benefit to women. I know of more than one case that women had to go through an abortion due to the fact their babies life, and the mother's life was at serious risk! Why should they have to pay for it, when the government can provide this?!

It should be a case by case basis. If the health of the mother/baby is involved and the risks are high of a problematic birth, the government should offer compensation.

If its per choice of the parent/parents then the costs should be covered by the parent/parents.

"what is wrong with tripiling our population? that way we would not have to let in so many immigrants to increase our population. there is such a labor shortage in western canada, i would rather fill those jobs with home grown canadians than foreigners."

Thats a rather bold statement if I might say so myself.

What about your ancestors who came to Canada!? I don't think you would be here today if the government in that time refused their entrance into this country due to the fact they would prefer "home grown canadians" rather then Immigrants.

All of our races in Canada living in perfect harmony is a beautiful thing!

The states does it all the time. They make it much more difficult for immigrants to enter the country, and look at them! They are not any better off than us!

Originally Posted by chromius_e30 are so wrong, I don't even know where to start.

First, I will start by pointing out the contradiction in your statement. All abortion clinics are PRIVATE facilities, and you are seemingly against private healthcare, but for abortion....interesting.

Next, Harper has made it very clear, there will be no laws, or bills passed from his party regarding the outlawing of abortion. He has even stated there will not even be any private member bills on the issue.

Next is healthcare....where to start with that. First, I would urge you to do some research on the issue before making bold statements like that.
Parallel private healthcare with a universal public system, means that NO-ONE would be without care, and no one would have to buy private care if they don't want to. It's called freedom of choice! Canada is the LAST industrialized nation in the world that outlaws private care. Every other industrialized nation in the world that did have that type of system has now gone to a parallel private system. And many have better care and services than Canada in both the public and private system. And in fact Canada pays the second most for their system out of about 30 other OCED nations, Yet gets less services for the money it pays.

Canada's healthcare system is not sustainable in it's current form, and needs to be changed. Look at the rest of the world...The switch to parallel private care along with a universal system has done the other 30 or so OCED nations well, so why are you so resistant? With a paralell private system along with the universal system, you would still have every right to continue to use the public system....however now you and everyone else has the choice to do what you wish with your hard earned money. Yeah that sounds horrible
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote