View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #45
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon
thinair - for next to nothing i can be running high 13's.. how much have you spent on your car already.. and you're still trying to squeeze a 13.999 out of your mods.. said in one of your other posts...
I don't mod my car to focus on drag, if I did I'd have like 15x10" rear wheels with 275 width tires. I wouldn't give a shit about suspension or brakes, etc, etc.

I bought my car with solo racing in mind. I have spent less on my car then the difference it was for an M3 when I bought it (my car = 30g's, m3 = 42g's, 3.5 years ago). I still haven't invested $12gs of modding into my car, yet my car will outhandle a stock M3, keep up to a stock M3 in a straight line and brake on par with a stock M3, but I pay insurance in a 328.

I have no regrets yet.

I play at the strip for fun, mostly to test my launching, I've only been there 3 times, it's not like it's all I do. I'll take an auto-x or track day over the strip anytime. Plus to get to get the same drag times as me wouldn't take much, a 3.38LSD($700), intake manifold ($150+plus some hose clamps), M3 cams ($300), fan delete mod ($120), software (varies), 235 width tires (varies). That's not $3000. Most of my modding funds have gone into brakes and suspension, not power.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote