View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #31
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyL
wow, sounds cool. although I have no clue what the 8, 11, or 18 button OBC are.

since Justin always has the answers to my dumb questions: Justin, could you post a pic of each, so I can see which one I have. then perhaps explain the differences. thanks! hope i'm not too annoying with these questions...

@BMWFORLIFE: what kinda car do you have? is your also a 318 convertible?
Sure.

7 Button: Ambient tempature, time/date, has a memo function as well. Uses a reverse Liquid Crystal Display for both displays. (backlit).

------

11 Button: The above, plus Check Control (light failures, washer fluid level, coolant level, etc.) Easier input for numbers, and a dot matrix display on the left, and the same LCD display for the date/time on the right. Both backlit.

------

18 Button: All of the above, plus it has calculator functions using data provided by the ECU and instrument cluster. It will calculate things such as: estimated time of arrival, range on remaining fuel, average speed, fuel consumption readings, speed limit warning, timer for opening/closing ventilation when the car is parked, and CODE for vehicle immobilization. Same displays at the 11 Button.

Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote