View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:57 AM   #25
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
Here is my rim problem.

I personally want to pick up a set of Ronal LS down the road. I've noticed that all cars with Ronal LS have the rear tucking tire, while the front isn't (finger gap).
That's because most E30 spring setups (both aftermarket and stock) make the rear of later-model cars (88+) look lower than the front because the quarter panels come lower than on earlier cars. It's an illusion.

Quote:
Currently i have Bilstein Sport and Eibach Sport Springs, but i want to swap out my Eibachs in the front for lower springs because i can't stand the look of having the rear with less gap (less than a finger) while my front has two fingers. The car is level, drives fine, but i just can't stand the difference. Plus if it was perched a tiny bit it would look awesome. Now i am just not sure if i'd able to fit the Ronal LS up front. They seem to be barely clearing the fenders.
Leave the springs and add thicker rear spring pads to even it out. BMW sells 10mm ones, they will give a ~16mm raise of the rear, enough to get rid of most of the uneven gap. I personally have a raked setup with my Ground Control coilovers, and it looks better to me (I'm not a fan of tucking at all).

Quote:
Also, what is the best tire size to run on a Ronal LS?

This is how low i want my front dropped, will the LS still fit/work?
Best size tire is 225/50/15. 205/55/15 will also work, but wider is generally better. Ronals with 225's fit on VERY low cars, but spring/damper rates and if you're willing to get the fenders rolled are also key.

Also, in that last picture you posted, those aren't Ronals at all. Those are BBS RZ's, old school wheels that haven't been produced in many years. They are ET20, so yes, they do actually stick out quite far.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote