View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 05:41 PM   #9
Little Chino
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Richmond Hill, Ont
Posts: 4,991
Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Okie...Stop right there!

Terminology lesson:

Controls arms have 3 points of attachment to the car.

1) Outer ball joint
2) Inner ball joint
3) Control Arm bushing

So 2 arms have: 4 ball joints and 2 bushings.

Inner ball joints are not replacable and have to be replaced with the arms.

What kind of sound are you experiencing? Clicking noise when turning right or left?


I noticed a plastic seal or rubber bushing around the inner ball joint. All the ball joints have been recently replaced so I'm positive it's not that. Any idea what I'm talking about? I'll try to find pictures if I can. The rubber seal around the ball joint appears to be worn. Charlie said it had to be replaced. Any ideas? Thanks!

'02 C32 AMG / '07 C280 / '07 CLS550 / '15 JKU Rubicon
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote