View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #41
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast
So what? The guy likes his car. I'd drive my 325e over a lot of other faster cars because I LIKE it. There is no such thing as 'better' in the automotive industry, I mean, what makes one car better than another? When it comes down to it, it's all a matter of perspective. 'Better' means that if you average out every pro and con, then to you, one car is better than another. One person's opinion.

Funny thing is, I personally don't like e36's at all. I love the BMW brand, I really enjoy owning a few and feel a strong allegence towards them. So to ME, that makes my e30 way better than any of your e36's. Yes, even the M3. Yes, I'd rather drive my e30 than a e36 m3.

Why?

Because I'd have to PAY FOR IT, duh. Someone said "So you'd drive your 318i over an NSX?" Well, that's a rather poor argument isn't it? If he had the $80,000 (or whatever the hell its worth) to buy an NSX then he'd probably buy that black e36 that was sticky in the for sale thread for so long.

Anyway, I'm not trying to fan the flames, I'm just pointing out that we all like different things. To him, his 318i is a beast, he loves it, obviously! And that's great. A lot of people get what others think is cool, or worse, what they THINK others think is cool. They'll never be happy that way.

Isn't this supposed to be a BMW site, where we all like BMW?

BTW, I'd really like that "2001ti". That sounds uber-rare.
Well said.

oh and BTW, e30's rule all!