View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #44
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_namer
by no means am i a chem expert, just taking it for prerequisites for med school haha.
but well i guess in the lab we use more concentrated acetic acid... not really burn but ya, irritant. anyways, its not good for the skin lol.

its working well.
its not like most ppl would EXPECT it to magically be sprayed on and it disappear right away.
today in ottawa we had some thick freezing rain. i made another batch of ledd diluted solution and it worked quite well. spray on. wait about 30 seconds to a minute (about the time i need to spray the rest of the windows) come back and squeegee it off.

im gonna try to put it in my windshield washer tank too... hopefully that will work well.

and your solution? do you just spray it on and it magically disappears?
Hmm.. your solution sounds far easier to make than mine. I'm going to give it a shot. What's the freezing point of this concoction? ... depending on how thick the ice it, may require multiple applications.. but not usually. When I park the car I usually spray all the windows and leave it on... rarely does any ice at all form on the windows after that. Takes around 30 secs max to work.. but works well.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote