View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 02:45 AM   #11
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

every PSI is roughly 10-15hp..im not sure on ur turbo, but thats what i been understanding...but im sure thats 10-15crank hp..

so our M20s got 170 stock... say 13psi x 7psi to maintain stock injectors, is 91hp..crank.

170+91 = 261hp at the crank..friction loss is 15%..so..

261hpx.15 = 39hp

261hp-39hp (friction loss) = 221hp

you should be at your goal with 7hp...give or take 10hp u wont feel a difference....adding PSI isnt the only way to add power. you generally have a stock head. one thing to improve power is a throttle body being bored out, or getting a light weight flywheel increases your power being put to the ground, and less friction loss. I'd suggest getting a stage 1 clutch once yours goes..and light flywheel at the time. I dont know how to stock diff will hold up...but put some redline oil in there, and make SURE when u run the turbo you use really good oil. Oil is what cools the turbo too, and the install should be done right...since its custom, all the placing should be good since gravity is what gives the turbo the oil...small things like blow off valves, gauge pods, turbo timers can all be added later. concentrate on the essentials first if your on a budget and try not to get sidetracked with accessories.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote