Thread: Honda Civic
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #34
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by \/\/eapon
SPOON engines are not fast for dragging! they are endurance engines, not worth 10,000 bucks for one in my opinion.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but here is a link with some specs for you. The type R you are interested in is a N/A motor with high sompression, the cams in that motor are highly sought after as well as the head/motor in general. It has the "V-Tec" head you hear people talk about. These motors are impressive, with polished this and that and upgraded sleeves, rods, pistons, injectors, cams, Fuel pump, intake, turbo, valve springs/retainers, Quaiffe LSD these things can rev up around 9,000-10,000 RPM's. Those RPM's combined with a T3/T4 hybrid Turbo can produce 400WHP as a daily driver good for aover 50,000 miles. I had several quotes put together in the Chicagoland area and a build of this kind goes for arounf 10 grand. I decided to build my own and ended up with roughly 6 grand into although the specs varied and I picked up parts from swap meets and Ebay used. Hope this sheds a little light on the subject. I am now a N/A BMW guy, but not for long....my Integra is outta here and if all goes well we will be pushing 355 at the wheels this summer compliments of Dinan!

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/hondawagon/B16Aspecs.html
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote