Thread: M3 clone
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
5150CT
1st Gear Newbie

M3 clone

What's up? been off the site for a while, couldn't log back in as my old user name ctchirica. Anyway got rid of my E30 project before i could finish the m50 engine swap, but the price i sold the car for was three times more than what i bought it for. This freed up some cash to start my new project which is a 94 325is to M3 conversion. I have the fornt and rear suspension crossmembers, struts, sway bars, engine, trans, computer (ecu), harness, dash cluster, and am currently working on a body kit. I'm not sure if i want just the M3 look, or a full reiger, or hamann kit. I will try to upload pics. as the project progresses. The reason for the swap is i bought a totalled 96 M3 that had frame damage for $4,500, and i picked up the 94 325is at auction for $2,800 with some interior damage and minor electrical problems. the 94 325is is a clean title and the totalled M3 is a salvage. The interior of the is has already been re-upholsterd in black leather and grey suede. This was my first step because the door panels were falling off, and the seats were ripped. I intend to drive the car as a daily driver, so i addressed the interior issue first. I'm looking forward to some constructive feed back. Thanks CT!

Last edited by 5150CT; 11-14-2003 at 06:16 PM.
5150CT is offline   Reply With Quote