View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
windwagen
6th Gear Member

OP - we need to get together and have a drink...cry on each other's shoulder...

Saturday night, I was driving home in the snow. A Camry was in the left turn lane signalling left. The driver changed her mind as I was passing and turned into my path. She blocked all lanes with her Camry perpendicular to the road and was trying to drive into the driveway of a gas station. I was honking the horn and flashing my lights. I aimed for the gap in front of her car and the curb hoping the driver would see me and stop in time. When I realized it wasn't going to stop, I tried to clear the back of the Camry, but it was too slippery and I didn't make it.

The Camry spun 180 degrees. Fortunately I wasn't going very fast and nobody was injured. The driver's husband was in the gas station and walked over. The driver told the cops that she was talking with her husband.... you mean on the phone since he wasn't in the car?

I think she was trying hard not to incriminate herself and the cops were getting annoyed. They charged her with something and was giving her a hard time about some child seat that was missing CSA stickers? I hope her insurance is so expensive that they can't afford to drive. That would help keep incompetence off the road.

Anyway, the Touring is not looking very happy and I'm also concerned the insurance might want to write it off. Fortunately the damage is not as bad as yours...wish me luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c1.jpg (29.0 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg e1.jpg (90.6 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg e2.jpg (49.3 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg e3.jpg (55.2 KB, 297 views)

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote