View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic View Post
------------------------------
HERE IS WHERE I'M CONFUSED:
------------------------------

The seller says it has the ZHP package but it's my understanding that the 325 didn't come with a ZHP package (only the 330 did right?).
Correct

Quote:
Also we're in Canada... so either the seller is confused and it's actually the M Sport package available here or just a regular 325i with a bunch of the ZHP / M performance / M tech parts on it. Can someone confirm this? I honestly don't even care if it's a legit ZHP or not, I just don't like people lying.
M Sport package was not available on the sedans. There were 2 M Sport packages for the 325 models in Canada

In 2002 M Sport became available on the 325/330 Coupe and Convertible. Only the 330 models included the M Tech 2 aero bits. In 2003 M Sport was dropped from the 325 models.

In 2006 M Sport returned to the 325 Coupe and it finally started including the M Tech 2 aero bits.

Quote:
My understanding is that in Canada we have these packages:
- M sport - similar to US ZSP but can have m tech body parts - available on all models
No, M Sport and ZSP are different. ZSP only included wheels, sport seats and in some cases sport suspension. M Sport depending on the year had much more extensive list of options.

Quote:
- M performance (clubsport?) - similar to US ZHP without the engine upgrades - available on 330 only??
It was called M Performance in Canada and it was pretty much identical to the US ZHP and yes, it included engine upgrades. I believe the only difference is that in US you get red needles on the gauges.

Quote:
What can I do to ensure that it's originally equipped with the M Sport or M Performance / ZHP package if it is indeed available on the 325 since I can't identify this from the VIN?
Actually, VIN will tell you exactly what you want to know, so post the VIN
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote