View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #43
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
Hey buddy!

I agree with you, it's a somewhat stupid thing to do. If I were staring from scratch with bunk motor I would definitely look to swap, maybe even buy a crate motor from MM. coulda, shoulda, woulda...

I don't know, I hear about pretty much the same ol' problems/maintance with the 50 series engines. I don't think they as drastically different from the m42 as they are from the m10 and m20. I'm no stranger to reliability issues but my little 4 banger has never given up on me. I really don't want to give up on it, plus I know my way around this one pretty good now.
its not stupid, i just really dont think its what you'll want. a stock s54 in your e30 would be dead reliable. and to me, it seems like you dont want to change the nature or driveability of the car, just have it have more power. there's a lot of people in this thread giving you good advice, and its not because you've got a bad idea, its that its not worth it in the end. typically speaking i'd only recommend turbo applications to people who want to take very active role in developing the car. if you dont see yourself actually doing at least some tuning on your own, i really think you and your car would benefit from running a motor that already has the numbers your looking for.

this was a mechanic i met in calgary's car. i think you'd love something similar done in your engine bay

more pics:
http://www.projecttechnik.com/forum/...php?f=2&t=3695

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote