View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
food
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
My question is that if I remove the stock pressure regulator and install an adjustable one will it give me better control over my brake bias and help me to use all 4 wheels to stop?
Better control? Yes. Before you had 0 control over your bias. Now you will have some. This qualifies as better.

Will it help you brake with all 4 wheels? That is the theory. I have an adjustable proportioning valve installed in my Miata. I have not driven it as of yet though so I can not tell you how much it helped. The vast majority of the braking power comes from the front. I do not know if increasing the amount of brake pressure to the rear wheels helps with braking distances or will just cause them to lock up sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
Also if the master cylinder is 25/25mm bore compared to the stock 22/17mm, will this cause any problems because of the ABS like excessive sensitivity? Will having a restriction on the rear line cause any problems to the master cylinder, blow by or rupture the seals somewhere?
I do not know the answer to this. But if you are so super at braking you feel you should increase rear brake pressures why don't you just rip the ABS out? Theoretically an increase in braking effort in the rear should take some load off the front, reducing the need for ABS in the first place.
food is offline   Reply With Quote