View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
^^ Agreed. It won't prevent it.

But the typical FR-S/BRZ driver needs it. There has been too many, 'I took traction off and this happened....' stories already.
Did you end up reading the second page of that rennlist thread that you posted up on the ft86club forum? As I was reading the initial post in the back of my mind I was like "Ok this might work but...." and then someone wrote exactly what I was thinking...

Quote:
Consider your insurance to be your one-time get-out-of-jail-free card for a mishap at the track. They'll drop you, find any number of ways to not allow you back, and you'll be blacklisted - basically end up with facility insurance, which will be as much as $10k/year.

There's nothing in the Insurance Act or either of the court's decisions that says you have to inform them in advance. I think if you did advise them you'd be receiving a termination letter in the mail within a few days.

I don't think you should consider DEs at all when choosing your options for insurance coverage. Get a policy that covers you for everything else, and if something serious happens at a DE, cross that bridge when you come to it, knowing you'll have a massive fight in front of you, but one that you're almost guaranteed to win.