View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #15
_JohnnyD_
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
How did you mount the radiator(what modification was required)? Looks like a mishimoto MMRAD-T200-94?
I bought the rad at...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1990-1994-TOY...2c8f3e&vxp=mtr

because it was cheap and I'm still not 100% confident the Toyota rad is the best choice. Once I know it works (see comments below) on hot days I'll post more details in the popular V8 swap forums as a reference. The other issue with the Mishimoto rad, is it doesn't have a drain plug, only the sensor bung.

According to the Toyota guys the best aftermarket rad is a Koyo but it's $$$.

Quote:
This JohnnyD Mount Building Co. must have been busy, you used a lot of their parts!
Damn right!

When I started the swap the only off the shelf parts were the e30.de mounts with spacers. I bought a welder off Kijiji for $200 and started fabbin stuff.

WARNING!! To all those that want try this swap you WILL need to fabricate small brackets and mounts. I couldn't imagine not having a welder, grinders with cut off wheels, jigsaw with sheet metal blades, good hole saws and a vice and starting this swap. Now a days there are a lot of great parts available by Garagistic and I highly recommend you use off the shelf parts if you are not confident in your welding skills but there are a lot of little things that rarely get discussed in forums that will need little brackets.

Now back to work on the car! I need to figure out how to bleed the coolant system properly. I'm pretty sure that is my fan problem because the wiring is fine.

Henry Ford

Last edited by _JohnnyD_; 06-23-2013 at 11:19 AM.
_JohnnyD_ is online now   Reply With Quote