View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
tigster
2nd Gear Member

JB Racing Lightweight (10lbs) Aluminum Flywheel

Flywheel came out of my 97 M3 (Fitment guide at the bottom of page)

The flywheel can be like new for $150 (you send it in to JBR and they will fit a new friction plate and ship it back to you)

I have already contacted them, and here's their reply

Priced for a quick sale: $150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your contact and interest in maintaining your flywheel. All JBR Aluminum Flywheels are serviceable the procedure and cost for this service is outlined below:

FW Rebuilding Service/Repair

All JB Racing lightweight aluminum flywheels may be renewed via our flat-fee ($150.00) re-building service. This service includes a thorough inspection of your flywheel core, replacement of the worn friction surface with new hardware, new pressure plate installation hardware (except ULTRA-LITE's) and finally, re-balanced to insure the most trouble free operation. Should a more extensive repair be necessary- such as heli-coil threads replacement, ring gear, ignition trigger or any other damage repair be required an additional charge(s) will apply. Our normal in-house turn around time is 24-48 hours.

If you wish to have your flywheel refurbished, package it carefully and send to my attention at the address below. You should enclose a note INSIDE THE BOX with your complete return shipping information and phone number so I may contact you after we have completed the inspection of your flywheel to confirm the repairs necessary. I will collect the applicable billing information from you at that time so we may process your order. Should you have any questions, please contact me at your convenience.

NOTE: Please retain (do not send) the hardened Bolt-Ring & Flywheel-to-Crankshaft Bolts as they are premium grade 10.9 hardware and should be used to re-install the flywheel. This hardware is MANDATORY for proper installation of your JBR flywheel. Replacement Bolt-Ring kits are available and sell for $50.00 each.

JB Racing, Inc.

527 Southridge Industrial Drive

Tavares, FL 32778

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dennis R. King

Sales & Marketing Mgr.

JB Racing, Inc.

PH: 352-343-8900 / Fax: 352-343-8174

www.jbracing.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitment:
1992 - 95 E36 M3 w/ S50 3.0L - 6 cyl.
1995 - 99 E36 M3 w/ S52 3.2L - 6 cyl.

Lightweight Aluminum flywheel replaces stock dual-mass flywheel. Accepts OEM clutch/pressure plate/throw-out bearing components as well as performance aftermarket direct replacements. Will also accept many aftermarket sprung-hub clutch discs. Provides improved throttle response and increased performance. For a complete flywheel/ sprung-hub performance clutch kit - see PN 520-010S-S855

520-010-240 Clutch Diameter: 240mm OEM Flywheel Wt. 25.0 lbs.
List Price $646.00 Alum. Flywheel Wt. 10.0 lbs.
Order JBR p/n 520-010-240 Price: $532.00

---------------