Christ, I need this to last until June/July. If possible I'd put a deposit down today to purchase then..
On April 12 I will find out whether or not I"ll be employed for the foreseeable future (articling student waiting to find out whether the firm will hire me back as an associate for the next few years), and therefore whether I'll have a strong income which I can rely on. If the answer is yes, I'll be contacting you that day. Unfortunately I have to wait though - debt from law school means I can't take the risk until I know for sure.