Thread: 3 Series Fs: 1998 bmw e36 m3
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #39
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
True, but I don't see why people can't look past it. Black molding is cheap. I may stick it on in the coming weeks.

Instead cars that are beat on, have issues, need thousands in parts, more mileage, are selling. I don't get it. Have you seen what's out there? Not much and a lot of junk even south of the border. Spent 6 hrs last night looking in north america for current for-sale, and previous sold E36 M3's. Nothing clean with no mileage out there. Many have expensive bad/ugly lists, and the good lists tons of recent crap to bring the car to saleable condition which show me a abused/neglected vehicle.

The other 2 in the driveway can be sold in a heartbeat. Maybe this will continue to collect dust in the garage. Could become someone's "garage find" in the distant future.

We'll see.
Hey Pete, I personally think it's a "why" question, a lot of folks would question "why" were they painted, was it a collision? if they see the moldings are not minty factory spec like rest of the car a lot times people just think "why", it's not necessary a bad thing but it's human nature, and a lot of times our natures are bizarre!

I also think E36's are slowly getting out of that bottom of the barrel list, a nice E36 is getting harder and harder to find, I think with patience you will find the right buyer.