View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #179
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

I think the open lapping nights at GB are far better value for getting track time for me if I factor in travel. I'm not a huge fan of parking lot events and chasing cones so I'd rather do an evening event/weekend on track event somewhere. That said, the DDT Trillium events seem like excellent value and I do like the social aspects of the parking lot events so I would go just to hang out. Any way you slice it though, I like being able to get a taste of it without having to worry about damaging wheels on potholes, bottoming out or getting speeding tickets, etc. and will be doing as much 'lapping' as I can wherever possible. Sure it costs a few bucks, but speeding tickets aren't cheap either.

That said, cruising also is quite enjoyable. Nothing like a backroad blast with a few friends or a poker run, but having to constantly keep an eye out for speed traps and potholes kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. One thing I might try this summer is a navigational rally. I've been paying attention to the Rally Sport Ontario page for a while now and it seems rather affordable and enjoyable. Kinda like a cruise with a point.

I guess what I'm getting at is...

karmatose is online now   Reply With Quote