Thread: Blackberry 10
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #62
2nd Gear Member
Originally Posted by damameke View Post

I dont know what your definition of Innovation is? Bb10 is a complete new OS based on the QNX platform and its theirs to license in the future if BB wants to go in that direction,so no patent lawsuit here...

As an investor in BB, of course, I like the sales to be better but I am willing to wait for the next few quarters, and after the dust settles, I think BB will come up with something with their Playbook...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that apple or google have been super innovative as of late either ... But innovation is usually what compels people to make the switch.

QNX is theirs of course, but has minimal visibility and brings little improvement to the table. But its hardly new , and far from a revamp of the OS that has been floundering for the last 3 years. As for BES, I agree this still is one of RIMs positives, however my opinion of RIM was specific to their attempts to become a leader in the consumer market, not their business/government segment. My point was to illustrate that they have not brought anything that I find compelling to make the switch. Apple hasn't either but until I see something worth making a switch, I'm content.

I definitely don't discourage people from trying the device. I have and I am thoroughly not impressed.

But this is all talk, time will tell and I do have the best hopes for RIM
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote