BimmerSport, roughly at Tomken and Courtney Park in Mississauga (they're also a Max sponsor). They are good guys.
I'd check the fuel pump first, lift up the rear bench (pull up by hand), see if there is a cut in the rubber on the passenger side. If there is a cut out in it, your fuel pump has been replaced (which is good).
But to start, regardless of mileage these tend to go on E39 M5's every 40-60k (treat them as consumables if you may):
- front thrust arms (aka upper control arms)
- Front Sway bar bushings/drop links
- rear sway end links/brackets/bushings
- Valve cover gaskets
- MAFs (two of them)
- power steering lines
Less common issues, but likely need replacement:
- rear main seal
- Throttle position sensors (2 of them)
- Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS - 4 of them)
- brake rotors/pads
- leaking diff seals
- review mirror (interior one) dimming issues
- fan clutch
- timing chain guides/tensioner
- vanos service (2 of them)
Last edited by david528; 02-11-2013 at 11:17 AM.