Thread: Vanos Issue?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Vanos Issue?

A bit of a longer story.... (this is a 2002 e46)
So about 2 years back the car wouldn't turn on... I ended up getting the Dr.Vanos kit online shipped to me... while the car was at this mechanic near my house (who dealt with european cars).
To say the least it took him a while to get my car working, i had to visit him so many times and see where he is at with the car because hes never done this before.

Finally after who knows how long i got my car back, and to say the least i don't think he did it right.
Ever since then about 3/4 of the time, the car would start fine, and 1/4 of the time it would have a hiccup in the start, it would turn odd or take a second or two longer to start.

Since then also about 3-4 times the car wouldnt start at all. I take it the timing gets screwed up, and it would turn and all just not start....
Basically all you hear it do is turn and then goes faster and faster till it almost starts...
I finally got it to turn on a couple of times doing that just holding the key and pressing gas down and releasing...
Lot of white smoke came out, smelled etc. I drove it... and i bet it will work fine for a while.

Any ideas? Is it the vanos?

Edit (not my video found it online)
It basically goes like this and faster and faster...until it turned on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uugXbYOQrGg

Last edited by AlpWhitE46; 01-26-2013 at 04:01 PM.
AlpWhitE46 is online now   Reply With Quote