View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #36
1bmw1
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Uhh - You have to focus on specs a little!! :-)

I agree though, that once you pass a certain minimum spec, it makes little to no visual difference. It's knowing what those minimums should be that is the key. You don't want to give her something that she find's the flaw in. Once she see's where the flaw is, her eye will always see it, it will even appear to grow to her!! Trust me on that one - I've seen it before...
Deep, i suppose you're right on some specs making a difference such as color and clarity. You will definitely notice a difference if you compare a diamond from one end of the spectrum to the complete other end, ie: Color D compared to a V, but not so much if you're comparing them in one end OR the other, OR somewhere in between.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if the couple is in love and is preparing for marriage or engagement, then some imperfections on the ring (if there's any) don't need to be hidden from her. Most women won't care. They will be thrilled about the engagement and the meaning of it rather than just recieving a ring. She will not be happy for recieving the ring, she will be happy for getting engaged.

Just want some of you guys to relax if you think you need the best of the best, cuz you honestly don't. Get what fits your budget and what looks nice to you.