View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #49
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I will agree that during the warranty period maintenance will not be a large difference. But there is a difference, transfer case and front diff does require service, but it shouldn't matter with scheduled maintenance covered by BMW.

If you don't plan to keep the car after warranty is over, then you shouldn't care. It starts to add up as the car gets older and more 'wear and tear' items needs to be replaced.
I sold my E46 330xi with over 320k and not a single thing to the awd system or diff needed changing. The e90 its a common thing (not just xi) .. look at e90post and do a search on diff .. so many get it replaced under warranty unfortunately for me im no longer in warranty.

Quote:
That's the point, there are more parts that will eventually need replacement due to wear and tear and it's not only drive-train related. The complete front suspension is different including the sub-frame. Price out the labor on an Oil Pan Gasket job for a 328i vs 328xi, that's not the only example, price out labor on a front wheel bearing replacement also.

http://www.autopartsway.ca/partlist.cfm?BMW/2006/325i/Base/allEn/allB/Driveline_and_Axles/Wheel_Bearings,_Seals,_and_Related_Components/Wheel_Bearing/

http://www.autopartsway.ca/partlist....Wheel_Bearing/

omg the humanity.

There are some benefits to e46 xi that cost the E46 non xi's .. subframe issues .. very few who were xi's got them

Quote:
There are alot of 'xi' specific parts that are not as easy to find as rwd parts (yes you can find them), but not as many aftermarket options, sometimes you are stuck buying dealer only parts. Like you probably have already experienced finding a used 'xi' specific part isn't as easy either, unless eurostyle or some local vendor happens to have an xi they are parting out, which isn't as common as a rwd counterpart.
I'll give you this .. sometimes I cannot buy aftermarket but I can buy for a good price that is oem from somewhere else. ex. I cant get a true short shifter although I heard of some trying out other types of models and they work.

Quote:
Re-read my post, I said it burns more gas, which you just admitted is true. How much more doesn't matter, I never claimed it was a massive amount just that there was an increase in fuel consumption.

So really you agree what I said was true, then why the need for this?
Depending on how you drive it can burn more gas as well. You point is irrelevant. So ya .. why talk about it. I don't see anyone telling him not to buy a convertible because it weighs more and burns a little more gas.

Quote:
It's all facts my friend. No one said 'xi's are bad, they are still great cars for those who prefer and are willing to pay the premium they call for. Just know what your getting into, and don't be delusional thinking everything is the same.
I will let it go if someone were to say the xi under steer at higher speeds around a corner or something that only holds true to the xi but everyone here makes it sound like the xi is awful. What premium .. what extra costs .. these are so miniscule .. its like your comparing a 325 to a 750.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown

Last edited by Blades; 12-28-2012 at 10:36 PM.