Originally Posted by madonthemike
I have only had the car for a few days now and overall i'm really impressed. Ive been extremely busy with xmas stuff - so hadnt had much time to read up. I just have a few questions:
1. Foggy Windows : It was raining the past few days in Toronto and the windows fogged up like crazy -almost as if i was passionately making out with someone- i fiddled around with the ac/heat - front and rear were fixed but side windows impaired visibility. Is there a way to fix this quickly - I have never experienced this in any of my previous cars.
2. DSC : I plan to keep the car for a while so wanna take good care of it, so today for the first time i switch off dsc and gave it the beans on a slightly snow covered road - man that was fun, the 330 definitely has some decent power. I would just like to know what would be considered too harsh on the drive train/engine - and what is ok?
3. Mirror Discolouration : Im assuming this is somehow related to the mirror heating - which leads me to the question - are they always heated? And is it as easy as just replacing the glass?
4. Seats : This is prolly the worst one for me, before purchasing this car i was under the impression that BMWs made the best seats - boy was i wrong, or maybe its just my specific car - the cushioning seems hard. Ive tried to contort my body into different shapes and positions but just hard - maybe the sport seats are better.
5. Music Options: Im assuming that the standard deck only plays audio cds and not mp3 cds, the deck on my other car (aftermarket) has a usb option and since im so used to it hard to go back. I want to keep this car as stock as possible - what other audio option do i have?
6. Future Services : The car has about 73k (mainly because it was stored for a while) apart from the basic maintenance (fluids/filters etc.) what are some major services that might potentially burn a deep hole in my wallet?
Thats all for now, More questions later.
To be short;
1. Honestly E46's have a very poor defog system, not much you can do. Just make sure all wents are working.
2. Too much!? I highly doubt you will hit that on the street!
3. Mirrors are only heated when cold. Its just a bad design/quality; back in the 80's you would never see this problem! You can just replace glass.
4. As for seats, have you been in a Toyota lately!!??? Sport seats are even harder (tighter).
5. For audio, after 03 you have the option of adding an AUX cable to the back of the deck, this will increase your options.
6. Just dont cheap out on ANYTHING!!! Even the smallest problem can cost you far more in the end! Change all fluids, upgrade cooling system, etc.