View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Classifieds Moderator
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot / FL
Posts: 9,772
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Lots of confusion here, not sure why; to transfer a car in your name (in a FIT) state, you NEED a safety certificate AND for cars newer than 1987 you need an emission test (valid for one year). If you don't have any of this, it will be transferred "unfit, unplated". If you can also transfer it with "temp" status and have 10 days to get your paperwork!
I think the confusion was when someone stated you needed a safety for a temp permit. Which based on the ministry site, you still don't assuming the ownership is currently fit when sold to you.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote