View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #36
King Sirex
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
not once in that article did it mention anything he did in office like removing taxes, or what he actually does for constituents within Toronto.
Really, like what taxes? Where exactly are us Torontonians saving in tax dollars?

You realize, for every tax that is cut, a program has to be cut too to make up for it?

Is he above the law? Did Rob Ford come out and oppose the new tough on driving laws in Ontario?? No he didn't. Therefore he should obey them. He is in office after all. It might not be HIS law, but he's a politician and I don't see him actively fighting it.

He drives himself, because a driver (which every mayor in toronto has had for the past 28 years costs 58,000K a year and he doesnt want to waste your tax dollars)
A driver costs the city $58,000.. But that is one more person employed, who is likely to spend that money in the same community buy goods and services. That means more people need to be hired by corporations to service these people. The more people we have working, rather than be on welfare, the better off we are.

but of course your Liberal media fails to mention that.
Die hard conservative over here. You're 23-25 and you hate liberals? That's pretty ironic. The same government that is keeping you from getting gainful employment doing something useful with your life, is the same govenrment you support? How does that make any sense.

The same conservative government that cuts taxes for the rich and the corporations, and yet, they siphon that money out to China. Ya, great.

Dont worry all of you Rob Ford haters will have your reign again, with a Boy Scout looking elitist mentality Dalton Mcguinty esque mayor.

Funny Dalton Mcguinty one of the biggest crooks of our generation and he hardly ever hits the headlines. But when it comes to superficial Toronto where image and status is anything and everything. He gets punted out of office for having DONATATION indescrepancies.
You don't get it. He was kicked out because the people he told to have donate were people LOBBYING the government. Because when council voted for it, HE ALSO VOTED FOR IT.

That's like being put on trial and having a voice in the jury. That's not wrong in your eyes?

your kids will read about Rob Ford and have one thing stick out in their head.

"If I become Mayor, Dont donate or give any assistance personally to charities as it could ruin my political career"
No, I think my kids will be educated enough to realize that telling people who are LOBBYING the government, to donate, is retarded

Sad,sad day in Toronto.
I didn't even think you were from Toronto. Aren't you from Brampton.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote