View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #110
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 --

Well since cars don't like being winter driven, my 318is showed signs of it. The driver frame rail was rotted and so was the floor. Passenger side was "alright" but still needed work to be perfect. My body guy cut out what was rusted and welded thick metal to repair the floor/frame rail. Also the jack points were crap so those too were done. Here are some before and after pics.

Look what the UPS guy brought me today
Air House 2 bags for the rear. This way I can modify the trailing arms before sending them to out sandblast / powder coat.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 --

After opening a thread asking about Crossmember Reinforcement, I got some comments saying that M42 crossmembers are more likely to crack. I wire wheeled around the mount points and found that one side was already starting to crack. Had to do something about it. Instead of purchasing a made kit, I took the thickest piece of sheet metal I could find at the shop,cardboard paper and got to work. Made an outline quick quick and modified it on the fly. They came out alright.Hopefully they do the job. Had them welded and also freshened up some spots. Next up have to make the holes.

mtlbloodshot is offline   Reply With Quote