View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
You think a small handful of cops abusing their authority is comparable to the shit that goes on in third world countries by cops and their government? Quit with the sensationalizing, it's NOTHING like what goes on in South America/Africa/Middle East/Asia. Let me know when you've traveled the world and have seen first hand true evil being perpetrated by those who are supposed to protect you, and then maybe I'll pay more mind to your cries. Have you even experienced every bit of your freedom being stripped away and treated like a piece of dirt? I've got a friend who lost half of his family brutally at the hands of a corrupt government, he's lucky to have escaped with his life. Please let me know when you've gone through such things, again...maybe then you can say it's comparable.

Is their behavior excusable? Absolutely not, and I think any cop found guilty of a criminal act no matter the scale should be shit-canned. It still doesn't mean we're in a police state when a small fraction of an organization is partaking in this stuff. If you think the west is all of a sudden going to turn into a 3rd world dictatorship because you get pepper-sprayed whilst protesting you're a fool.

50+ witnesses who didn't have an already shot violent man crawling towards them while having a gun pointed at him. Was it excessive? That's not for you or I to decide, and that's your problem. You seem to think your comprehension of the incident is superior to those who make understanding and breaking down the events in situations like this their career, you're arrogant as shit with no credentials to back it up. I can tell you right now as a person who values my life quite highly, I'd gladly put a bullet in someone who's shown to have no concern for the welfare of others and coming at me (especially after already being shot), mentally ill or not. Cops aren't allowed to hold their lives in value either? The law disagree's with you, they're just as entitled as a civilian to put their welfare first over anyone else's, they volunteer to go into harms way. I imagine had another cop ran up and kicked this guy in the side of the head to apprehend him you'd still be crying brutality and would have posted a link to it in post #5.
Youre out to lunch bro.

People like you are awesome.