View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
wouldu like some tinfoil?
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
What makes you think that though? Cops have always been corrupt. They have more power now yes, but they still can't pull any of the shit that goes down in lesser countries and we're certainly not heading in the direction of those extremes. Extreme situations such as the G8 are still miles away from cops having free reign to do whatever it is they wish, so no I will not concede that is the direction we're going.

I also don't think they're treated as the "top class", they're just good at covering up their tracks and getting away with a lot more than the average citizen simply because they're the ones who enforce the laws. Cops have always looked out for each other, again nothing new here. Discipline is horribly administered amongst cops, they really need to become much more strict with it. When the majority of cops are doing these things, or even a huge portion of them, then perhaps crying police state would be a little more acceptable...but they're not. For every cop acting illegally you have many many more doing their job properly.
'what makes me think that' hmmm - well calegrant perhaps it was the 1st story i posted: a cop pleading GUILTY to 23 charges BUT GETS TO KEEP HIS JOB. or maybe it was the last article Where a DRUNK DRIVING COP Causes An Accident that injuries the other driver to the point of hospitalization & the public isn't even told his name & NATIONAL SECURITY is Cited, or maybe it was any of the 10 other stories inbetween

'they still can't pull any of the shit that goes down in lesser countries' lolwut, this whole thread is them gettin away with it. we're just going to have to disagree imo your opinion is not in line with what i (and others) see as our reality. here:

BC Cops Execute Man Crawling On His Hands And Knees

50+ witnesses said the cop executed this man - but the shooting was labled as Justified.

Again calegrant can you or anyone name me one canadian cop thats been sentenced to Jail Time recently??
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote