Thread: T+c bmw
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
I hear you. We checked out a 08 328i with more options but it was imported from the US and had an accident so we walked.
The US part...who cares, really?
The accident part? How bad, what was replaced/repainted/claimed? To say "it had an accident, so we walked" is very silly if you haven't bothered to do the research.

People claim ANYTHING when they have no/low deductable and a newer car (or they just don't know better). A stone cracked headlight, a cracked bumper from bumping into a parking curb, side swiping the rear door in a parking garage, etc, all those are considered "claims or accidents" in Insurance's eye (or the adjusters doing it) and get recorded but it could mean nothing. Meanwhile, there are write offs that get privately repaired and people never know thinking they bought a "non accident car". I see it all the time.

Good luck, but do your research more thoroughly and don't focus so much on the nickles and dimes (obviously 14K is a large price difference) and when you see something, jump on it. People these days are so afraid of getting burned or overspending by a grand that they miss out on good cars because they take too long to think. Do your research before you go see the car, not after.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote